Thursday, June 18, 2009

German Parks

I thought that the park we ran into on the grounds Ludwigsberg Castle was an old fashioned park. I thought they put what German kids would have played on when that castle was a functioning castle. I was wrong. Yesterday, the boys and I went to a playground. The receptionist at our hotel told me about one that is 10 walking minutes away. She said it was a wonderful playground and talked it up quite a bit. So we went walking and found it. I didn't even get lost! But it was a lot like the one we found. It did have real swings. But it was a bunch of old wood pieces nailed together in a not so sturdy way. It had a walkway spiraling up one long piece of wood. There were no side guards on the walkway. It went up at least 10 feet. On the top was a platform with ropes to climb higher; at least this had ropes along the sides so kids could fall. Zack was too scared to climb too high. We decided to play in the sand. It was by a "lake" (it looked more like a pond to me, but they call it a lake). There were ducks and a lot of walk ways. There was also a big grass field. I bet we go here at least once a week. But I think we will stay away from the playground.

No comments: