Sunday, January 6, 2013

We are still here!

This year I have a new goal...well lots of them actually. But one of my new goals is to better document my cute little growing family. I have been really bad at this. I don't scrapbook. I am bad at writing in my journal. So all the cute and funny things that happen in my little family get talked about once or so to my husband or family or friends, then forgotten. I want to have something to look back at so I can remember the good and fun times when my kids were little. I want to be able to remember a cute story about Zack instead of the horrible 2 years it took me to toilet train that kid. So here we go. I am going to write a blog post every Sunday afternoon about the things that happened in my family this week. Will they all be hilarious? No. Will they be well written? No, I am a math major! But they will be memories that I will have written down. So to start out here is a quick overview of each of us.
Steve: He still works at HAFB for DISA doing computer stuff. That is all I can say about that. He serves as a Deacons Quorum Advisor and Assistant Scout Master. He enjoys doing all the fun things this calling requires. He is a great dad and loves playing with the kids. Sometimes I have to remind him that we don't roughhouse inside, but he doesn't seem to listen. :) The boys love wrestling with him and Kate tries to join in too. Liz: What to say about me? I am actually living my dream. As a little girl I remember dreaming of growing up and marrying a great guy, having lots of kids and being able to be a stay at home mom. Well that is pretty much my life. Though cleaning bathrooms, cleaning kitchens, doing laundry, trying to keep an orderly house, waking up at night with a newborn, or cleaning up throw-up was never part of those dreams, it goes along with all the other parts. So I do that too. I love it and couldn't ask for anything better right now. I currently serve as the RS Activity Coordinator. I enjoy planning activities for the sisters in my ward. It can be busy but is the perfect calling for me right now.
Zack: Zack is my crazy, energy-filled 6 year old. I don't know what happened to him but all of the sudden he is full of energy and loves to use it to bug his little siblings. He also has grown a ton in the last few months. I need to measure him to see how tall he is. But all of the clothes I bought him for school are too short already. Really Zack is a very kind and loving kid. He is perfectly behaved at school and in Primary. He loves Avengers, Star Wars, and castles and knights. He loves to play with friends but also loves to watch movies. He is very sweet with Amy. If he could have one wish he would wish for a pet lizard.
Josh: From the outside, Josh is our very shy and stubborn 4 year old. He won't talk to you unless he wants to. He won't look at you if he doesn't want to. But in day to day life, he is very kindhearted and loving and absolutely silly. He makes me laugh daily! I always think it is too bad he is so shy because no one can see the real Josh. right now he loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well as all superheros. He can play for hours on end and wants friends(who are really cousins) to play daily.
Kate: Our little Bugs is 2 years old. She is an absolute doll. I love to kiss her big cheeks. She is silly and goofy. I don't think she ever walks normal. She is either skipping or galloping or running or walking with a swing to her hips. She is trying to become very independent even when she can't do what she wants. she knows how to throw tantrums and will run to a soft spot to throw her head down. But she is usually happy and loves to play all day long. She is big into baby dolls and princesses. Beauty and the Beast is her favorite movie. She loves to dance and sing.
Amy: Amy will be 5 months on Friday. She is the most perfect baby I have ever have (expect when she is trying to get teeth and has shots all within a few days of each other and has to go to church on top of all of that). She just started sleeping 12 hours at night but then she got shots and that messed that all up. She only fusses when she is hungry or tried. She loves to be played with and smiles at everyone. We think she is one beautiful baby and are so glad she is in our family.

No comments: