Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27, 2013

Monday was Martin Luther King day, so Steve had the day off work. That is one of the things I do love about his job. He gets all federal holidays off. It is always fun to spend the day as a family. This time we went to a Grizzle Hockey game. We have the Pass of All Passes and get in free to a lot of different venues. The game was fun. The boys had fun but are not interested in playing hockey.

When we got home, we were hanging out trying to decide where to go to dinner. Kate came over to me and said she wanted to sit on the toilet. So, of course, I let her. She sat and went #2 in the toilet! If you don't know, this is HUGE for my kids. We did a dance and gave her chocolate (her favorite treat). But I was too busy to really toilet train this week. So I left it alone the rest of the week. There was a few times she brought it up again during the week. But never wanted to sit only wanted a prize. I am hoping in a couple weeks we can hit it hard and get her toilet trained. One in diapers...what would I even do?!


Tuesday the day was spent (really the whole day) making this.

This was the first cake I have made for someone I have never met. It was really stressful. I love to make cakes, but I always warn everyone I am not a professional. My family and friends know this and are happy with what they get. But my neighbors had a fundraiser/silent auction to raise money for their child's surgery. The only thing I could think to donate was a cake. So I donated 2 cakes. This is the first person to call about it. It made me so nervous. I still hope that it tasted well and that they were happy with it. It was an aunt of the little boy who picked it up so I don't know what the parents thought. I do think it turned out pretty dang cute. I was happy with it. I just hope they were too.

One day this week I went to check on the boys after they had gone to sleep. This is what I found:
It really made my heart so happy. I swear that all these two do during the day is fight. One wants the others toy. One doesn't want to play that game. One wants to other to play with him. The list could go on and on of all the fights I break up between these two. But to see this,it should me something must be going right in this house. They do love each other. In the morning Zack told me that he asked Josh to come in his bed because he just really, really likes him. Cute!



Another day this week, Amy had just woken up from her nap. I had to finish one thing really fast before I went to get her out of her crib, probably laundry, or dishes or something. When I went to go get her, I found Kate talking to her. They were playing. Kate was making her laugh. (That is huge. Amy is not a giggler) It was another moment that made me so happy this week. My hope is that these two will grow up to be best friends. It is what my sisters are to me and I only hope they will be too.


Another day this week, I was asking Josh if he knew how much I loved him. He said no. So I explained that I loved him so, so , so much and that I would do anything for him. Zack overheard and asked "Would you do anything for me?" I said "Of course I would." He returned with "I wish I had a dog." :) It made both Steve and I laugh. This kid is quick! He really wants a dog. But we are a no pet house. Sorry pal!

2 comments:

Bruce and Liss said...

LIZ!! I found your blog tonight by total chance! Our kids zonked out early tonight and so I am killing time blogging. SOOO happy I found YOUR BLOG! You have such a beautiful family. Hope you are well. ( I just showed my hubs your pic and told him--"She's the one I died my hair with!" Love that memory!:D)...

Steve and Liz said...

Klarissa!!!! I can't believe you found me! Just last week I was thinking about you and what you are up to in life. I am kinda blogger dumb and can't figure out how to get to your blog from my blog. Can you email me your blog at liz.abercrombie@gmail.com or just send me an update of what is going on. Like what are you doing in NY? I would love to catch up!