Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hohenzollern Castle

Sunday, after church, we headed to the Hohenzollern Castle. Unfortunately the only tour they had was in German, so I can't tell you mush about this castle. It was a really pretty castle both inside and out. I think it was a castle for a queen because the only bedroom was a Queen's room. We did see a lot of Knight Armor. It was really old. The swords, spears and daggers were really neat. We also saw a crown that was gorgeous. We saw the Queen's day dress. If I saw it before I got married and I had a reception, I would have looked for a wedding dress similar. It was the most amazing dress I have ever seen. But of course it was inside where no pictures are allowed.



Zack loves looking at the castles. He liked walking in the middle of this one. While we were walking along, he said “Guys, this is crazy!” I think that explains what we think everyday. We all get moments that are like “Oh, I am in Germany. I can't believe it,” basically “this is crazy!” We are enjoying ourselves here. But I would be lying if I said we weren't getting a little homesick. But that goes away as soon as we remember that soon we will be in Paris, Rome, Venice, Berlin, Belgium just to name a few.

1 comment:

Lena Phillips said...

Rub it in why don't ya.