Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update

I have been SUPER busy planning our vacation...well, my vacation, Steve still has to work. But here is a quick update of everyone.

We went on our first real camping trip in April. We went to Moab and hiked all over Arches National Park. It was a blast! We went with my sister Jenny and her family and the Toone family. We had a wonderful time together and still like each other. So I think it was a sucess. We might even go camping again maybe even with them.

We have worked out most of the details of Germany. We leave June 12th and return September 12th. Luckily we were able to get the same flights as Steve (he has to go through work and we bought ours before he could book his). We found an awesome hotel, after hours of looking. This hotel will let us check out every Friday and check in every Sunday so we can travel every weekend. We are going to go everywhere in Europe that we can! We are within driving distance of Paris, Switzerland, Austria, Berlin, Venice, Rome, and many other places. It is going to be amazing! I will be sure to blog a lot when I am there. If anyone knows of cool places to go, let us know so we can put it on our list.

3 comments:

Lena Phillips said...

My grandparents are from Switzerland. If you go there please take a TON of photos. I would love to see every detail of where my family originated.

Jennifer said...

Be sure to hit Verdun in France if you are into history at all. A lot of WWI battles took place there. You can see the marks the cannons made on the landscape. It is an amazing place.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

My husband (Randy) served his mission in Holland & Belgium - I've been doing the scrapbooks from his mission & his pictures look just awesome. We've been trying to go back there the last few summers but still haven't made it - so if you get a chance make your way over there! And if you're going to go let me know & I'll have him make a little list of fun things to see/do while you're there! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Europe!