Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Zuppa Toscana Soup!!

This is the recipe for the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup. The soup that has the sausage and potatoes. The site I found it from said it came right out of the Olive Garden cookbook. A lady that worked there copied it when she left. This is my favortie soup and the only reason I go to Olive Garden. Now I can make it myself and you can too! Yummy!!!

1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
1/4 of a bunch of kale

1. Sautee Italian Sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions, and garlic for approx. 15 mins, or until onions are soft.
3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water then add it to the onion, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until throughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving.

It only took me 30-40 minutes to make. Good luck!

2 comments:

Lena Phillips said...

:) I'm gonna have to try it. Maybe we can do a dinner with you guys and make it. That'd be fun.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Hey Steve, I thought you fell off the face of the earth! I have no idea how I came across your blog but hey, here I am! Your little guy's adorable! Randy & I have a little boy of our own, he's about 2 weeks younger than yours. Randy's a tax accountant & I'm staying home with our son. Anyway come check out our blog & I'm going to link yours on ours (if that's ok with you).
Viv