Sunday, January 13, 2013

A week of firsts...

On Monday, Zack started piano lessons. He is taking from a neighbor that is just a few doors down from us. He was so excited to go to his first lesson. He asked all day if it was 3:30 yet. When it finally was, he went and came back so happy. He loved it! He was excited to show me everything he learned. He practiced willing everyday this week. He should his cousins all that he learned. He even "taught" his cousin Brighton all that he learned. I can only hope that this excitement continues for a long time. I was very excited that he has this opportunity. I always wanted to learn to play the piano but my parents never had the money to buy a piano. Maybe someday I will start lessons. But I can't even figure out when I could throw in practice time in my life right now. So I guess I will just live through Zack. :) Josh also go to start lessons this week. He started tumbling. His first day did not go as well as Zack's first day of piano. I took Josh in and he would not leave my side or let me leave. I figured it wouldn't be all bad if he watched so we sat and watched the whole lesson. I tried to get him to go and do things but he would not. He is one stubborn and shy kid. He loves to do cartwheels and summersaults. After the lesson he came home and told me he just wanted me to buy all the pads so he could do the stuff here. That is not going to happen. The plan for this week is to send him with my sister. Hopefully it works. Amy turned 5 months today. So we started feeding her with a spoon. She was not a fan of sweet potatoes. She would swallow a bite and then cringe and shiver like that did not taste good. But she still ate a lot of it before being totally done with it.
Since then we have tried corn and pears. She loved corn but did not like pears. She loves oatmeal. She is still working on her tooth but is as happy as can be! She loves to be played with.
Zack had his first Snow Day on Friday. School was canceled due to a huge storm. We got 12-18 inches of snow all within 24 hours. It was crazy. The boys played in the snow for a little bit. They are too much like me. They don't like being cold so they don't love playing in the snow. Then we came in and made playdough and hung out the rest of the day. It was nice to have a relaxing day where we could just stay home and enjoy each other.
On Friday morning after getting Amy down for her morning nap, I went out to shovel the driveway and noticed that it had already been done. My sweet across the street neighbor had come over and snow blown it. It was so nice of him and helped me out a ton. Then that same day those same neighbors brought over a plate of warm cinnamon rolls. It was all a very nice reminder of the great neighborhood we live in. I still feel like I am adjusting here and trying to get to know people. But everyone is so nice and kind. It makes me want to be kinder. I am glad that we can live here. Last Saturday I started a Biggest Loser competition. My goal is to get back to my pre-kids weight. That means lose 30 pounds! I am counting calories and exercising everyday. This week has been an eye opener for how many calories are in the food I eat. I have cut back a lot. I have also found that getting up and exercising is giving me more energy. If my scale is the same as the scale that I weighed into on Saturday, I have lost 4 pounds in one week! Yay me! I know I won't keep that up the whole competiton but it feels good knowing that my hard work is paying off.

No comments: