Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh My Heck!

Early today I was going to upload all of our video from our camcorder to our computer. I looked all over in our little hotel room and couldn't find the camcorder. I was sure that Steve had hidden it somewhere so the boys couldn't get it. When he walked in the door, I asked him if he knew where it was. He got a look of panic on his face and said no. We searched our room really fast again, but had no luck. We had to plans to go out, so we ran out the door. During our look, I saw the garbage can and thought "maybe it fell or Zack put it in there." The maids clean our room everyday and take out the trash. It wasn't in there right now, but what if it was in the garbage they took out already. I said something about it to Steve. We headed off to see the TV Tower with intentions of going through the garbage when we got home. As we left we saw the garbage cans on the street. The garbage truck comes tomorrow. We enjoyed ourselves at the TV tower. I am sure a post will come soon about that. When we got back to our hotel, we parked our car. I walked out to the street to look in a can to see what exactly was in it. (They have a lot of different cans for recycling and stuff.) I opened the lid and there were flies all over. It was so nasty. I thought "Oh no, I really don't want to go through garbage." Just then Steve called my name. He was looking in another can. Right on top was this:

Take a closer look at the right hand corner. What do you see?



Our CAMCORDER (it's red if you can't see it)!! After plenty of wipes, it is as good as new! Zack must have tried to throw it away. We are usually really careful with this. I am not sure what happened. We are just so happy we found it! What a blessing!

3 comments:

Lena Phillips said...

Right on top!? You guys really lucked out!

Amy said...

I think that was probably one of your biggest adventures so far. Besides what vacation is complete without a little garbage digging??

Amy said...

My verification word for my last comment was "whowzies"...I think it fit the post.