Monday, March 9, 2009

GOOD NEWS!

We are going to GERMANY!!!

For those who don't know what this is about: Steve's work (DISA at Hill Air Force Base) does rotations where the employee can go to different bases for 3-6 months. Well a couple months ago Steve applied for 3 positions, hoping to get 1. He applied for 2 different Germany positions and 1 Hawaii position. We heard last Thursday no on one Germany position, but he was offered the other one today. He will start work there on June 1st and be there for 3 months. I am so excited! We are going to be able to see so much of Europe! I'M GOING TO GERMANY!!!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That will be such a great family adventure! I am quite jealous. What will we do without our Primary Pres for 3 months?? I expect a lot of great blogging while you are gone and we are stuck in Utah for a hot summer.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Congrats you guys that's going to be such a awesome experience for you! You'd better blog a ton so we can all keep up with all the fun you're having over there!

Richard said...

That's awesome! Congratulations. :-)

B Flat Major said...

Cool. I guess all my grand plans to work out together this summer will have to wait! Tell Steve congrats (and happy birthday yesterday too.)

Jennifer said...

How exciting!!! What base is he going to? You will love it there. Germany is a beautiful country. Some of the bases have day tours into Paris and other places for pretty cheap. You should check them out while you're there. I've had two aunts live on bases in Germany, so if you have any big questions, let me know. I can probably get you some answers.

LM said...

How fun! I would LOVE to do something like that!

Lena Phillips said...

hooorah! That's so exciting! When will you be joining Steve and for how long?

Mary Jane said...

That is so wonderful! What a great opportunity! How long will you go for? Will you spend the whole time with him?
I can't wait to hear about it!

Kim said...

How exciting. I hope Josh doesn't trash your house while you are gone.

Amber said...

How fun!! I'm SO jealous! Take lots of pictures and do tons of blogging for us.

The Waldrons said...

That's exciting! Brian was laughing that he didn't get the Hawaii job. I think that he's just jealous. Good luck on your new adventure. I look forward to seeing all of your new posts from Europe.