Saturday, January 24, 2009

Attack of King Kong

A couple of weeks ago, we were visiting my parent's house. While we were there, King Kong was playing on TV. Since it is "a classic" (according to my dad), he was watching it. Zack saw the big gorilla and loved it. Now he begs to go to Grandpa Gorilla's house. We have been back a couple times and Grnadpa will put in his DVD of King Kong and let Zack watch it. Zack still loves it, even though it is scary, his own words. Last night we were at my parents and watching King Kong, which Zck calls the 'Gorilla movie'. We told Zack that it was time to go and he told us to leave him ("Leave me" were his exact words). He didn't want to leave the gorilla movie. So we decided to borrow the movie. Well this morning Zack woke up at 4:30 very excited. He ran into our room, came over to my side of the bed and said "Mommy, Gorrila movie!" He had the biggest smile on his face. Of course he wasn't too happy when I said no and put him back in bed. I don't think he ever went back to bed (I don't know why kids don't think we can hear them). We finally put the movie in at 6:30. I think we will be returning that DVD soon.

3 comments:

B Flat Major said...

Pushover. Maybe you should have left him at your dad's house after all!!

Unknown said...

Fun, you don't get to pick what your kids get obsessed with and want to watch 24 hours a day, but at least your Dad wasn't watching "Spice World"

Amy said...

I think that is so funny. Most kids go through a Woody and Buzz phase...it is quite original to go through a Kong phase! It will be a nice and warm halloween costume though!